YOU ARE HERE:
Polycarbonate Roofing Brisbane
Polycarbonate products are an ever-developing area, and we pride ourselves on being highly adaptable when it comes to unique design challenges that are only applicable to this type of structure. Our experience with these products includes Danpalon, Makrolon, Palram, Palsun, and EGR thermoplastics, to mention some, which allow us to be at the forefront of this field.
What is Polycarbonate?
Polycarbonate is a high-impact resistant, resilient thermoplastic substrate used in roofing systems like Laserlite 2000 and Suntuf polycarbonate. It offers 99.9% protection from harmful UV rays, exceptional thermal insulation, and a huge range of options. Withstanding extreme temperatures, it provides outstanding quality of light and comes in various forms, including standing seams and roofing panels. Its versatility and durability make it an ideal choice for roofing applications, ensuring long-lasting performance and satisfaction.
Benefits of Polycarbonate
Insulated Polycarbonate roof panels are virtually unbreakable: with fifty times the impact strength of float glass and thirty times that of acrylic and even bullet proof, hence being used as police shields.
This lightweight shade solution makes it easy to transport and manage, quick and effective to install and comes with superpowers that withstand extremely high and low temperatures, making it ideal for a wide range of shade solutions including roofing, cladding, skylights, façades, and patios. No matter how complex or unique your build is, Versatile Structures polycarbonate roofing brisbane can produce a solution to bring your polycarbonate roof structure to life.
- High Light transmission properties
- High Impact strength
- UV Stabilised materials
- Light weight compared to glass or metal
- Extruded Colour options
- Thermal and light transmission control
- Waterproof architectural Structures
- Typical Lifespan up to 15 years
- Commercial construction solutions include roofing and cladding, skylights for warehouses, non-corrosive materials for seaside living, greenhouse materials, and agriculture.
- Domestic solutions include patio roofing, carports, or adding an external feature wall or wind break decks, garages, patios, sheds, and conservatories, pool covers
- Cafes, dining, and retail
- External architectural structures
- Nurseries and plant shops
- Hotels and resorts
Speciality Polycarbonate sheeting
With a large variety of polycarbonate sheets on the market, which kind is right for your project?
- FDA Approved Plastics are the only glazing and plastic material certified for sensitive applications with strict guidelines to meet. FDA polycarbonate is extremely heat resistant and offers high impact strength but are not UV stabilized.
- Fire Rated or Flame Retardant Polycarbonate, also known as low flammability (LF) polycarbonate is stronger than both glass and plexiglass sheeting and suppresses flames and the chance of fire.
- Antistatic Polycarbonate or electrostatic dissipative (ESD) polycarbonate is coated with a metal and plastic mixture that prevents static electricity from being generated. The coating does not affect the clarity of the plastic which makes it ideal for indoor and outdoor applications.
- Abrasion Resistant Polycarbonate features a coating technology that results in a significant reduction in maintenance cost and liability risk that has the impact resistance of polycarbonate, the abrasion resistance of glass and improved UV resistance. reduction of maintenance cost and liability risk. Abrasion resistant polycarbonate is ideal for schools, hospitals, and bus shelters.
- Bullet Resistant Polycarbonate protect against forced entry and does not shatter or form spider webs upon impact. It is a stronger and less expensive alternative to bullet-proof glass.
Know your product
Polycarbonate roofing Brisbane sheets are available from a range of manufacturers, but we prefer working with well-known and trusted brands like EGR Thermoplastics, Palram, Danpalon, Palsun, and Makrolon, while for insulated panel roofs, we recommend Bluescope and Lysaght.
Untreated polycarbonate sheets Brisbane can last up to 7 years before they discolour, so it is ideal to have the sheets treated with UV protective formulas that help resist sun damage.
Treated polycarbonate sheets offer 99.9% UV protection to Australia’s harsh sun and reduces the sun’s warming effect by up to 69%. The polycarbonate sheets Brisbane also transmit light which make them ideal for high quality roof lights. Read more about polycarbonate as the ultimate UVR resistant shade structure solution
Care and Cleaning
How not to do it: Improper cleaners and cleaning techniques are the main cause of damaging polycarbonate sheets. Never use cleaning products that contain ammonia as it will tarnish the look. Also never use a dry cloth or your hand to wipe it clean as you will rub dirt into the sheet and damage or scratch it.
The best way to clean polycarbonate sheets is with Novus #1. First remove dust and dirt with water and a soft cloth or blow it off before cleaning it with Novus #1 or use warm water and dishwashing detergent instead.
Our polycarbonate roof structures are proudly Australian made in Brisbane. We use the best materials possible to ensure durability.
Licensee ID number: 15969
Polycarbonate Sheet pricing
Polycarbonate sheets are a popular choice for a wide range of applications due to their strength, transparency, and durability. When it comes to polycarbonate sheet pricing, there are several factors to consider, including the size, thickness, and colour of the sheets, as well as the quantity being purchased. In general, thicker sheets and larger quantities tend to be more cost-effective. When it comes to colour, clear polycarbonate sheets are often the most affordable option, but coloured sheets, such as bronze, blue, or green, may be available at a slightly higher cost. Overall, polycarbonate sheets are a cost-effective solution for businesses and individuals looking for a strong, durable, and transparent plastic material.
Ensure reliable install
Look for reputable installers who follow excellent stringent quality control practices to ensure the best possible installation results and dependable after-sales services.
Danpalon is a brand of polycarbonate panels used in a variety of applications, including glazing, roofing, and wall cladding. These panels are known for their high level of transparency, energy efficiency, and resistance to UV radiation, making them an ideal choice for a wide range of projects. Danpalon panels are available in a range of colors and styles, including clear, translucent, and opal, and can be customized to meet the specific needs of each project. They are also lightweight and easy to install, making them a popular choice among architects, builders, and contractors. In addition to their practical benefits, Danpalon panels can also add a modern, sleek aesthetic to any building or structure.
ENQUIRE ABOUT A CUSTOM DESIGN