YOU ARE HERE:
Custom Shade Sails Brisbane
Commercial Shade sails, or sun sails, are minimal maintenance solutions that are cost-effective for providing shade and UVR protection to any outdoor area. For this reason, shade sails are ideal for playgrounds, council parks, childcare centers, commercial applications, domestic applications, and sporting clubs.
Types of shade sails
Shade structures should be considered as an investment and asset as they transform a property and increase its value. With many diverse types of shade sails solutions to choose from, it is ideal to engage a specialist and ensure the solution you are after will not only meet your functional and aesthetical requirements, but also offer sufficient cover and protection.
Here is an overview of high-quality shade sails, that can be made from waterproof (PVC) or fabric.
Waterproof shade sails can be water resistant and offer protection only from light rain, or completely waterproof or leak-proof, even in torrential downpours. They are lower maintenance solutions, as most waterproof shade sails are self-cleaning, using the rainwater to clean themselves. Waterproof shade sails are also effective at blocking out the harsh UV rays of the sun.
Retractable shade sails are flexible shade solutions that can open or close manually or electronically as needed, to keep outdoor areas comfortable all year round. Domestically they are perfect for alfresco areas, while commercially cafés and restaurants can extend their footprint with this solution.
Shade sails can block out up to 99% of harmful UVR rays from the sun, providing they are of a quality grade. Shade sails are manufactured from high-density polyethylene with UV additives that either reflect or absorb UV rays, while lower-quality shade cloths from hardware stores offer lesser UVR protection. Also, lower quality shade cloths do not as long as shade cloths with monofilament weave, which is a quality feature to look out for.
Fixed shade sails can span large distances without support structures and are ideal for commercial car park shading as well as other custom commercial requirements like covering swimming pools or grandstands. Our commercial shade sails are built to last and withstand the harsh Australian climate.
Custom shade sailsrequire a site inspection and are designed by a draftsman who considers the location, overall shape, and 3D geometry while the install team ensures the install posts are secure and every measurement is accurate to the nearest millimetre. Custom shade sails have grown in popularity in Brisbane as property owners have seen the value in having a sturdy and dependable shade sail. We believe Brisbane specifically has grown as it deals with some extreme weather from really hot, high winds as well as high rainfall. Read more about our custom domestic shade solutions.
The lifespan of shade sails
A good quality shade sail structure and regular maintenance program which includes visual inspections and annual re-tensioning will add to the maximum lifespan of your investment. Quality shade sails can have a lifespan of up to 30 years and come with up to a 15-year warranty, even in harsh weather conditions experienced in Brisbane, Gold Coast, and Sunshine Coast.
Thanks to the advancements in fabric manufacturing, our fabric structures are custom-built using high spec International, European, and Australian materials that offer long-lasting durability and performance. All Versatile Structures shade sails and shade solutions are engineered and designed with a long life in mind. We use only the finest quality architectural fabric materials with exceptionally durable steel at their core.
Key benefits of our Shade Sails
- Cost-effective options from $5,000
- Engineered to specific site conditions
- Custom fabricated to exact design specifications
- Steel coatings to suit site-specific conditions
- Highest quality materials and products used
- 10-to-15-year warranty
Our Shade sails are proudly Australian-made in Brisbane. We use the best materials possible to ensure durability.
Licensee ID number: 15969
Shade sail repairs
Recommended shade structure applications
- Childcare Centres
- Car parks
Shade Sail Fabrics and Colours
Shade structure colours
Versatile Structures Shade Sail Solutions
Versatile Structures has an excellent reputation for creating high-quality and long-lasting custom domestic and commercial shade sails, fit for Brisbane, Gold Coast, and Sunshine Coast’s harshest weather conditions.
Our team’s experience working within this region and award-winning shade sail designs will ensure you receive the most effective and structurally sound shade sail Brisbane solutions possible. With our shade sail expertise, we can create any shape imaginable and ensure you will enjoy your custom shade sail structure long into the future.
Shade Sail Articles
- The Importance of Shade Structures in Enhancing Public Spaces
- The Benefits of Shade Structures for Shopping Centres
- Your One-Stop Shop for Custom Fabric Structures
- Looking for a Brisbane shade structure solution?
- What Architects consider when designing shade structures
- Looking for the Best Shade Sails Under the Sun
- Customising Industrial Shades for Your Needs
- The psychology of choosing a shade sail colour
- Shade structures and sustainability Shade structures and sustainability
- Using high-quality shade structure hardware is key
- Top five shade sail fabrics and how to get the perfect cover
- The best shade sails under the sun
- A Guide to shade structure styles
- When to install heavy-duty shade sails
- Repair or replace your shade sail?
- Shade structures – your questions answered
- What’s the difference between shade sails and shade structures?
- Five top tips to identify a quality shade structure
- What to look for in a reputable shade structure operator
ENQUIRE ABOUT A CUSTOM DESIGN